.

Warning: This Blog is not to be taken too seriously. Proceed with sarcasm

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Our Cornucopia

It's hard to imagine that it is November.
The nights are getting chilly, and the days are sometimes cloudy-- but I am from Oregon, and in Oregon "sometimes cloudy" means September.
This is the basket that I carried in from the garden a couple of days ago:
Thats right: The Garden. In November. Tomatoes and Watermelon in November.

It is Thanksgiving Day today. The base is quiet. The boys are gone {Ryan and Asa had to drive to L.A. to pick up Nate who is currently in the air somewhere between Uganda and California.} We are planning a feast for Sunday when everyone can be together. What I am realizing about not having Thanksgiving ON Thanksgiving, is that I have more time to reflect on what I am thankful for. The things that God faithfully provides for us. The things that He lovingly teaches us. The desires that He puts in us, and the works that He finishes.


God gave me a desire to create. I make lots of stuff. I love making stuff. Everything from taking string and making it into a hat, to putting a seed in the ground and making it into a vegetable. Putting paint on a canvas and making a picture, or film in a camera and making a photo. Flour and eggs in a bowl and making a cake. Milk and steam in a pitcher and making a Latte'. Herbs in boiling water and making a remedy. I even made a couple of kids, and managed to keep them alive.


Now, I know there are those of you who just read that and thought: "Well.... YOU didn't exactly 'make' a vegetable, or a baby.... God made those things..."


Hold your horses.... I'm getting to that.....


But God..... God made me. He made everything. He began it all. How crazy to fathom that He was, and then He just decided to speak, and out came this. Before time began He had already completed it all. He had already made us, He had already fashioned everything that I would ever do {or "make" }, and He had already died and risen.


I am Thankful that God made things through me. That He chose to use my hands, my mind, my body to create things. If I can remember to praise Him for everything that I ever accomplish, to thank Him daily for everything that He uses me for, and to ask Him each day how to best glorify Him today..... wouldn't THAT be somethin'? If I could not only make everyday "Thanksgiving Day", but also "Glorify Him Day"-- wouldn't I save myself a lot of scraped knees? {Pride comes before distruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall, right?}


Thanks God for our bountiful garden! Thanks for using the people here at this base to minister around the world. Thanks for giving me talents, and children with talents. Thanks for providing for me always. Thanks for reminding me today that You are the Author and Finisher of our faith. And that You are seated at the right hand of the throne, and to You- I am already there with You.


Amen.


<>< Shae

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm... Pork tacos... I will miss pork tacos. Can you get the recipe and post it here?

    ReplyDelete